400g Fish fillet (cut into desired sizes)
2 tablets MAGGI® Shrimp
Paste of Garlic, Fresh Pepper, Onion and Green Pepper
Cooking oil (enough for frying)
100ml (½ cup) Brandy
50g (3 table spoons)Flour
1 ½ cups Water
1 bulb Onion (washed , peeled and sliced into rings)
*1 cup =250ml
- Season fish with MAGGI® shrimp and seasoning paste reserving a little for a sauce to accompany.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and put in the fish fillets. (Place a few fillets at a time. Too much will cause fish to fry instead of grilling)
- Turn the fish with the help of a slide and cook on both sides.
- When fish is cooked pour the brandy over it and allow ignition or flaming by tilting the pan to catch the flame for a minute or two. Put fish on a serving plate.
- Add the flour to the pan and stir for 2 minutes without colour, add the seasoning paste and 1 ½ cups of water and allow to simmer. Correct the taste with MAGGI® shrimp tablet.
- Add the onion rings to the sauce. Cook for a few seconds and serve sauce over the fish.
*Recipe can be served with rice, yam (boiled or mashed), potato, etc.