History of Nestlé in Central and West Africa Region
Our heritage in Central and West Africa dates back to 1957 when Nestlé began trading and distributing its products in Ghana. Today, Nestlé owns and operates nine factories that cater to the region and provides direct employment to more than 5,200 people. We also provide indirect employment to over hundred thousand people.
With total investments of CHF 183 million in the Central and West Africa Region over the past three years, we continue to grow our business, develop our people and cater to the needs of our consumers.
Nestlé’s mission in Central and West Africa Region is to:
- enhance people’s quality of life with science-based nutrition and health solutions for all stages of life,
- help people care for themselves and their families.
In Central and West Africa, we strive to help address the specific nutritional needs of the population by offering tastier and healthier foods & beverages; and by promoting balanced diets and healthy lifestyles. Nestlé’s portfolio in Central and West Africa includes a variety of brands in a number of food and beverage categories including: dairy, culinary, coffee, beverages, infant nutrition, bottled water and confectionery. Maggi, Milo, Cerelac, Golden Morn, Nescafé, Nido and Pure Life are just some of our most popular brands in the region.
COUNTRIES WE OPERATE IN: Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso, Benin, Togo, Mauritania, Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Liberia, Sierra-Leone, Gambia, Chad, Central African Republic, Cameroon, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Sao Tome & Principe, Angola, Democratic Republic of Congo
9 FACTORIES ACROSS CENTRAL & WEST AFRICA: Agbara Manufacturing Complex (Nigeria), Dakar Factory (Senegal), Douala Factory (Cameroon), Flowergate factory (Nigeria), Tema factory (Ghana), Yopougon factory (Côte d’Ivoire), Zone 4 factory (Côte d’Ivoire), Abaji factory (Nigeria), Angola factory (Angola)
3 CO-PACKERS: Chellarams (Nigeria), Koumallin (Mali), UII (Ghana)
A WIDERANGE OF BRANDS & PRODUCTS:
• Culinary: Maggi Arôme, Maggi tablets / cubes (Chicken, Shrimp, Onion, Tomato, Mix ’Py- etc.)
• Chocolate Drinks and Confectionery: Milo, Milo Ready-to-drink, Chocolim, Chocomilo, Kit-Kat
• Baby Foods: Cerelac - (Maize, Wheat, Millet, Rice, Honey, 3 fruits ) - Nutrend
• All Family Cereals: Golden Morn - Maize, Maize Choco, Millet), Milo Nutrifill,
• Coffee: Nescafé - Classic, Creme 3-in-1, Breakfast
• Dairy: Nido (Essentia, Full cream milk powder), Ideal – (Unsweetened evaporated milk, full cream milk, Delight (Powder), Milky choco, milky tea, milky coffee) Nestlé Sweetened Condensed Milk, Gloria, Carnation – Evaporated milk etc
• Drinking Water: Pure Life