Responsible sourcing: Our work with suppliers and farmers | Nestlé
Did you know that we work with almost 165,000 direct suppliers and 695,000 individual farmers worldwide?
We’re committed to fostering responsible practices in our supply chain, while ensuring that our sourcing and supplier relationships deliver a competitive advantage.
Nestlé Responsible Sourcing Standard
Our Nestlé Responsible Sourcing Standard (pdf, 2Mb) describes the requirements and ways of working that we apply together with our suppliers to ensure the sustainable long-term supply of materials and services to Nestlé. It sets out basic non-negotiable standards as well as important and urgent sustainability practices that we ask our suppliers, their employees, agents and subcontractors to respect and to adhere to at all times when conducting business.
The Standard is an integral part of all of our purchase orders and supply contracts. As of July 1st 2018, it replaces previous versions of the Nestle Supplier Code, as well as the Nestlé Responsible Sourcing Guideline and the Nestlé Commitment for the Responsible Use of Agricultural Raw Materials. Any references to these documents should be considered as references to the Standard.
Find out more about how we implement the code worldwide through our commitment to responsible sourcing.
Best practices for suppliers
Download our brochures and checklists:
- Guidance to minimize microbiological risk - Washing produce 2017 (pdf, 2Mb)
- Guidance to minimize microbiological risk - Drying produce 2018 (pdf, 6Mb)
- Minimizing the risk of microbial contamination in primary production of berries - 2016 (pdf, 15Mb)
- Minimizing microbial contamination in primary production of fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices – short version 2018 (pdf, 5Mb)
- Washing checklist (xls, 150Kb)
- Drying checklist (xls, 100Kb)